We hope you are enjoying your summer. One thing we hear a from our clients is how tired they feel after they exercise. A lot of people do not know that they need to hydrate as well before exercising. But even better for you coffee lovers, it is actually a great idea to also drink coffee before you get on that treadmill. Here are five reasons why you can add coffee to your workout routine.
- Coffee, when consumed in the right way, can in fact be used as a health and fitness enhancing tool. In one recent study, athletes who consumed caffeine pre-exercise burned 15 percent more calories for three hours post-exercise, compared to the control group.
- Other functional benefits of a pre-workout cup of coffee include improved microcirculation, pain reduction, improved endurance, muscle preservation, and improved memory.
- When used before exercise, coffee will give you a good boost, and will work to optimize the benefits of exercise; stimulating energy production and fat burning.
- Taken after exercise, coffee is more likely to inhibit recuperation and rather continue mimicking the effects of exercise on your body.
- If you exercise in the evening, you may want to skip the pre-workout cup of coffee however, as it can disrupt your sleep cycle by keeping you alert well into the night.